Yes, I do Perms
If you’ve been searching for a mobile hairdresser who might perm your hair you can stop looking now. You’ve finally found one.
I have young clients, middle aged clients and older clients and I try to keep them all happy. I won’t perm your hair if it is in bad condition though and I won’t do a perm on bleached hair. I will always trim your hair if when you have your hair permed.
Most of my regular short hair, perm clients have a haircut, perm and blow wave every three months and a haircut in between. Some of them have a weekly blow wave as well.
- Curly Perms - Some of my older clients still like to have their hair permed, so whether perms are in fashion or not I still oblige my clients. These clients have a shampoo, cut, perm and blow wave.
- Body Waves - Even though a lot of clients prefer to wear their hair straight there are still some younger and middle aged clients who need a bit of body in their hair, so they have a soft perm every now and then. Nobody even knows they have a perm, because they have their hair blow waved all of the time. Some wavy or curly, formal hairstyles are helped along with a soft perm.
- Spiral Perms – These are mostly done on longer hair. They take much longer for hairdressers to do and are a bit more expensive. Spiral perms were incredibly popular in the eighties.
- Anaesthetics and medications - There are medications that have been known to affect some individual’s perms. These include some blood pressure medications, dietary supplements and general anaesthetics. It is recommended that you wait three months after stopping a medication or having an anaesthetic before you have a perm.
- After Perm Hair Products - When I perm your hair I’ll be using a L`Oreal Professionnel perm solution. I highly recommend that you use L`Oreal hair products at home to keep your hair and perm in good condition. Ask me for what you need. I'll most likely have it in the car. It doesn't hurt to have the occasional conditioning treatment when you have a perm in your hair. Treat your hair the same as you would when you have a had a hair colour put in your hair. Your hair is now chemically treated. Make sure to have regular haircuts too.
Hopefully curly, wash and wear perm hairstyles will never impact world again like they once did. I can’t see that ever happening again, but the cycle does go around. Whether the fashion takes us back to us each winding five perms a day is another matter! The skin on my poor hands couldn’t take that! I think hair colours are here to stay for a long while yet and would be chosen before a perm by most people.
I’m Bev Ryrie and I’m happy to come to your home and perm your hair if you live in or near the following suburbs: Elwood, Albert Park, Port Melbourne, South Melbourne, South Yarra, Werribee, Hoppers Crossing, Altona, Yarraville, Williamstown, Seddon, Newport, Kensington, Point Cook, Essendon, Moonee Ponds, Footscray and Ascot Vale. To see other suburbs I visit go to my Services page.